From: Bob Kline (bkline_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-22 09:48:40

John Maddock wrote:

> If you're building from a makefile though the best idea would be to
> not define this symbol [_NDEBUG].

Thanks, that solved the problem.

> If you build with BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB defined then you will get undefined
> externals unless you manually specify which library to link against.

We tried specifying the library (boost_regex_vc7_mdi.lib) we wanted, but
that didn't work, as it seems that the names of the symbols exported by
the Boost regex library were not the same as they would have been for
boost_regex_vc7_mdid.lib (unless we were doing something else wrong).
But that doesn't matter, since your first suggestion above worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

Bob

PS: By the way, kudos is in order. In all the decades I've been in this
business, your regex package is the only third-party library I've used
in a production system in which I have never found a bug.

Cheers!