From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-23 13:07:55

"Jerry" <jeremiah.s_at_[hidden]> wrote

> I've just built boost1.31.0 using bjam under Linux, apparently
successfully.
> There don't appear to be any static libraries for boost::thread. Is this
> correct?

It is correct and not correct at the same time.

Boost.Threads cannot be built by bjam as static library, only
dynamic libraries.

It is because of some limitation in Win32 API and Linux
was .so support was taken out by mistake. It should be fixed
in next version.

(The problem should be described in FAQ).

You you really do not want to use .so and are sure problems won't hit
you than add the source files into your project and compile them
without bjam.

/Pavel