From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-28 09:24:12

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:55:58 +0100, Witz wrote
> I don't know if this is the forum for bringing this up but ...

It's probably more appropriate on the developer list, but the developers are
mostly listening here too.

> I was wondering if anyone thinks SQLite might make a good addition to
> Boost - www.sqlite.org - if the author would agree to it.

Well, given that it is a pure C library it doesn't seem like it would be
appropriate for Boost. Nothing wrong with C, but Boost is all about C++. Or
are you thinking of putting on a C++ layer? Maybe like this one:

http://www.codeproject.com/database/CppSQLite.asp

Here's something that would rock for boost -- an archiver implementation for
Robert Ramey's serialization library (http://rrsd.com/boost/index.htm) which
uses SQLite for storage...

Jeff
ps: I'm pretty certain that a db access library (like dtl) would make a really
nice Boost addtion.