From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-30 21:50:57

Hi Preson,

Sorry for the slow reply. (I don't monitor the Boost Users list, and I
probably should. Thanks to Dave Abrahams for alerting me to your post.)

Preston A. Elder wrote:
> How do I support > 10 types in a variant without having support for
> make_variant_over (since I wish to still support Borland and MSVC
> 6/.NET (aka. 7, not 7.1), as well as gcc).

To solve your problem under the current implementation, you need a
greater value for BOOST_MPL_LIMIT_LIST_SIZE. I'm unfortunately not
attuned enough to the MPL implementation to know what is involved in
attaining this; I've CCed this to Aleksey Gurtovoy (the MPL maintainer),
who may be able to help you.

Also, I have some ideas for possibly making make_variant_over work under
Borland in a future release. Of course, this doesn't address MSVC6, but
I'm guessing that it is a lost cause anyhow.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Eric