From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-01 08:33:19

Good morning.

>From previous posts regarding the License, I'm
assuming the Legal Team is on this mailing list; if
not, please direct me to them.

Scenario I:
I'm building a library that uses the Boost libraries
(the ones covered by the current Boost Software
License) and the Simple DirectMedia Layer, which is
distributed under the terms of the GNU "Lesser" Public
License <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html>. Can
I release my library under the Boost Software License?
 Can I release it under the GNU LGPL? Or can I not
release it at all?

Scenario II:
I plan on building an application that uses the Boost
libraries (the ones covered by the current Boost
Software License) and the FOX GUI Toolkit, which is
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
License. According to
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL>,
if I publicly distribute my application (e.g. via
SourceForge.net), I must do so using the GNU GPL,
since the FOX Toolkit is distributed under that
license. Will the Boost Software License allow me to
do this?

                              Kind regards,
                              Cromwell Enage