From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-03 16:13:10

Hi Sven,

I recommend throwing an exception from inside a visitor and catching it
outside the call to dijkstra.

Cheers,
Jeremy

On Apr 3, 2004, at 3:36 PM, Sven de Vries wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in a given graph I want to determine whether between one (!) pair
> (u,v) of
> vertices there exists an u-v-path of length at most some given
> threshold and that path.
>
> I use dijkstra_shortest_paths(g,u,
>
> but to accelerate matters I would like to stop the computation as soon
> as
> the key of v becomes smaller than the threshold or v turns black.
>
> I couldn't find a hook of the dijkstra algorithm that could be used to
> achieve this. Do I really have to change the implementation of the
> dijkstra algorithm for this, or is there a better way?
>
> Thanks
> sven
Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_[hidden]>
http://www.osl.iu.edu/~jsiek
Ph.D. Student, Indiana University Bloomington
Graduating in August 2004 and looking for work
C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)