From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-07 05:30:50

> Has anyone had any success compiling the latest version of boost
> wholesale with GCC on AIX? Besides the annoying dynamic linking
> problems, I am also getting failed links for wchar_t stuff:
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::basic_string<wchar_t,
> std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >::_Rep::_S_terminal
>
> With:
>
> Boost: 1.31.0
> GCC: 3.3.2
> AIX: 5.2

It might be a config issue if there's no std::wstring support in gcc 3.3.1
on AIX, however I would have expected compile time rather than link time
errors in that case. In any case if you're not interested in wchar_t
support in Boost code then you could try defining BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING and
see if that helps. Otherwise upgrading your gcc version might help as well.

John.