From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-08 09:16:37

Angus Leeming wrote:

> Correct. Note that X is modified by the call to lu_factorize and y is
> modified by the call to lu_substitute.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm stuck with boost-1.30.2 and it doesn't have
lu_* in it. I have lu.hpp but I get compile errors with bcc-5.6.4 in
lu.hpp hence why I wondered if there was a way to do it using ublas, but
not lu_*.

>>If not, is there another way of solving this without using lu_*?
>

> Sure. Use the matrix solution method of your choice. Does the MTL not
> interoperate with uBlas?

Don't know what MTL is. I have a look. Thanks

> Well, if matrix X isn't too big, then the lu_ methods are just
> what you need.

X is typically ~500 by 5 (don't know if that counts as big or not, last
time I did matrix work, we only used 3x3 and 4x4 so to me it seems
pretty huge, but we were doing stuff by hand).

I'll have to have a look around for another library if there is no way
to do it with ublas without using lu_*.

Thanks for your help

Russell