From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-02 06:20:21

Never mind. I decided to fix the assert complaints by modifying
boost/regex/v4/perl_matcher_non_recursive.hpp. I prefer that to
modifiying a system header on every machine and for any future upgrades
(unlikely as they are at this point). I changed all the asserts with an
argument of just a pointer to compare the pointer to 0, thus producing a
valid bool. E.g.:

assert(rep->next.p); => assert(rep->next.p != 0);

I don't think Boost developers (i.e., John Maddock) would mind. Do you
think they (i.e., he) might even accept this as an improvement?

Sure why not, the changes (and there are quite a few asserts like this) will
be in cvs shortly.

John.