From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-06 23:40:20

At Thursday 2004-05-06 00:46, you wrote:
>I have prototype implementations for a few simple Windows clocks I have in
>mind in works. I'll post when I get a chance to finish something.
>
>In the meantime, perhaps this might be interesting to someone. I wrote
>this two days ago to assess the capabilities of the clocks on Windows to
>determine what might be the most suitable as a time source. It outputs a
>combination of hardcoded information about the documented capabilities of
>clocks, plus information it has determined real-time about the
>capabilities of clocks from the OS. It should be standard C++ with
>documented Windows extensions. I tested on GCC, but it would probably
>work for any Windows compiler with little or no modifications. The rdtsc
>support will only work on GCC, though.

I try to build it on my system vs.net2003 and I get the following (the
warnings aren't the problem, the missing symbols are):

------ Build started: Project: PossibleClockEnhancements, Configuration:
Release Win32 ------

Compiling...
PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp
PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp(400) : warning C4244: 'initializing' :
conversion from 'ULONGLONG' to 'long double', possible loss of data
         PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp(452) : see reference to function
template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>
get_precision<systemtime_timer>(void)' being compiled
         with
         [
             _Ty1=long double,
             _Ty2=long double
         ]
PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp(400) : warning C4244: 'initializing' :
conversion from 'ULONGLONG' to 'long double', possible loss of data
         PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp(459) : see reference to function
template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>
get_precision<systemtimeaft_timer>(void)' being compiled
         with
         [
             _Ty1=long double,
             _Ty2=long double
         ]
PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp(400) : warning C4244: 'initializing' :
conversion from 'LONGLONG' to 'long double', possible loss of data
         PossibleClockEnhancements.cpp(485) : see reference to function
template instantiation 'std::pair<_Ty1,_Ty2>
get_precision<queryperformance_timer>(void)' being compiled
         with
         [
             _Ty1=long double,
             _Ty2=long double
         ]
Linking...
PossibleClockEnhancements.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__timeGetTime_at_0 referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl
gettickcount_timer::warm(void)" (?warm_at_gettickcount_timer@@SAXXZ)
PossibleClockEnhancements.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__timeBeginPeriod_at_4 referenced in function "public: static void
__cdecl timegettime_timer::warm(void)" (?warm_at_timegettime_timer@@SAXXZ)
Release/PossibleClockEnhancements.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved
externals

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Projects\Programming\Kokopelli
Technology\boost_testing\PossibleClockEnhancements\Release\BuildLog.htm"
PossibleClockEnhancements - 3 error(s), 3 warning(s)

     Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

[deleted]

Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"