From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-07 16:19:29

Richard Hadsell wrote:

>> I am trying to build the Boost libraries on an Itanium 2 Linux machine
>> using Intel C++ 8.0. The problem is that bjam is creating a directory
>> path for the release versions that uses the string "ebug release"
>> instead of "release". For example:
>>
>> MkDir1 bin/boost/libs/regex/build/libboost_regex.a/intel-linux/ebug
>> release
>> intel-linux-C++-action
>> bin/boost/libs/regex/build/libboost_regex.a/intel-linux/ebug
>> release/c_regex_traits.o
>>
>> I built bjam with this:
>>
>> build.sh intel-linux

Well I just fixed the problem of ranlib missing the quotes for the
arguments.

But the "ebug release" is a bizarre problem... It looks like the
compiler is generating code that munges some strings. In this case it
looks like it took part of a "debug release" string and used it.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything