From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-10 09:54:42

On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:41:54 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote
> > From boost, I am using the library built at "My Documents\Visual
> > Studio Projects\boost\libs\date_time\build\bin\libboost_date_time.lib
> > \vc7\debug\runtime-link-dynamic"
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated...
>
> You are using the debug DLL version of the date_time library. In order
> to share a heap with the main program this uses the debug DLL version
> of the C++ run-time library (MSVCRTD) and requires that the main
> program uses it too. You must either:
>
> (1) Build and use the debug multi-threaded static version of the
> date_time library.
> (2) Use the debug DLL versions of the C++ run-time library and MFC
> in your main program.

For whatever reason it didn't hit me before that he is using boost 1.30. I
don't think the error you are seeing is this *yet*, but he dynamic library
stuff doesn't work correctly in 1.30 (symbols not exported correctly). So I
recommend shifting to the static library version of the library.

Jeff