From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-11 04:59:15

> if the following code is commented out from visualc.hpp the standard
streaming
> operators become available for mersenne_twister - and they seem to work
fine.
> is this a bug or have i just been fortunate in my experimentation?
>
> #if _MSC_VER <= 1310
> # define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS
> #endif

I admit to being a little surprised by that myself, I'll look into it...

OK it was disabled by Beman Dawes with the comment "See format_test1 for
example of why needed", and this test case does indeed fail if we undef that
macro - it uses friend functions that are namespace qualified and very few
compilers currently support that unfortunately.

John.