From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-04 00:02:21

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:35:48 -0700, Matthew_Schuckmann wrote
> The documentation for the date_time library states that a ptime can
> be constructed from a special value
> e.g. ptime(special_values sv) ptime t1(neg_infin); ptime
> t2(pos_infin); ptime t3(not_a_date_time);
>
> However when I try this with the Cygwin GNU compiler I get a no matching
> function for call error (see errors below)
> Am I missing something here or is the documentation wrong?

The documentation was wrong -- this was a bug in 1.31 release. The fix is
already in CVS. I believe you should only need to download and patch in the
latest version of boost/date_time/posix_time/ptime.hpp. You can get it from:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/boost/date_time/posix_time/

Note the log entry on change:

ptime.hpp 1.4 fix the posix_time constructor to accept special values

Jeff