From: Doug Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-07 12:57:15

On Jun 7, 2004, at 9:34 AM, Andy Elvey wrote:

> Hi everyone -
> I'm a newcomer to this list (but have used Boost Spirit for a long
> time).
>
> I've looked through the various Boost libraries and have noticed that
> there seems to be one area of mathematics that isn't covered by the
> existing libraries : calculus (derivatives, integrals). So, my
> question is - is there a reason for this, or is it just that a
> suitable library for inclusion hasn't appeared yet?

The only reason is that no such library has come through the Boost
review process. As far as I know, nobody else has mentioned an interest
in submitting such a library, although I'm sure there is interest.

> ( I'm aware of a possible one that could be put forward as a
> candidate, but I don't know if it's "OK" for me to suggest a library
> ). Many thanks in advance.

Absolutely. Library proposals should be posted on the Boost developers
list (this is the users list). If you haven't already read it, there is
a description of the library submission process here:

http://www.boost.org/more/submission_process.htm

        Doug