From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-18 01:30:53

Geoffrey Simms wrote:

>>> The library is in CVS now, and will be part of 1.32 release. It
>>> indeed has a
>>> parser for INI-line config files, and according to
>
> I'm wondering why this isn't handled by a boost::spirit parser?

There are several issues:
1. The parsing can be done by spirit, but program_options provide a
high-level interface for describing options.
2. I did not use spirit for program_options because it's too large
dependency for quite a simple task. Further, I had to learn how to use
spirit. And for another reason, current version of Spirit fails almost all
tests on borland, while program_options works perfectly on that compiler.

Of course, nothing prevents you from writing your own INI parser with
spirit, but do you need to?

- Volodya