From: Tim Rowe (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-19 19:14:11

In the Kevin Bacon example in the Boost::Graph documentation, we declare:
  typedef adjacency_list < vecS, vecS, undirectedS, property < vertex_name_t,
    std::string >, property < edge_name_t, std::string > > Graph;
  Graph g;

and later declare and call:

  typedef property_map < Graph, vertex_name_t >::type actor_name_map_t;
  actor_name_map_t actor_name = get(vertex_name, g);

What are we actually getting back here? I can see that we can index it (we do later), but is it just an array? Or a vector? Or what? I assume I am /supposed/ to know (not like Ada's "type foo is private"), so that I know what I can do with it!

TIA,

Tim Rowe