Boost logo

Boost Users :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-24 04:59:48

> I give up. I cannot make it work.
> > The next best thing is to copy the msvc-tools.jam file to a
> > msvc-dinkum-tools.jam file. And edit accordingly.
> This is what I tried for the whole day now. My reward: always the same
> errors, LNK4006 followed by LNK2005 ("symbol already defined" on
> basic_string and some other std stuff, see sample below). I can override
> them with the linker flag /FORCE:MULTIPLE but then my DLL bails out in
> anti-heap corruption asserts.
> I compared every single compiler setting between my project and the boost
> compiler invokations. I fixed quite a few differences, only to obtain no
> change whatsoever to the result.

Since there doesn't seem to be anyone around here whose also using an
updated Dinkumware library, I'd suggest that you either:

1) Use the regex makefile provided (if it's just regex that you want), and
modify the makefile to inject the appropriate #include.
2) Just build in the IDE, there's nothing special going on here: just grab
the sources in libs/whatever/src/*.cpp to build library "whatever". (Caveat:
the python and thread libs are slightly more complex than this, but not by


Boost-users list run by williamkempf at, kalb at, bjorn.karlsson at, gregod at, wekempf at