From: Tim Rowe (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-25 16:52:48

Thanks for all the help so far. I'm not there yet, though!

The documentation for add_edge() says that the first two parameters are of type boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor. In the example in quick_tour.html it is called with integers (from an enum) as its first two parameters. Is that because:
i. add_edge is overloaded to take integers as the first two parameters;
ii. boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor just happens to be an integer type in this case;
iii. boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor is /always/ an integer type; or
iv. some other reason I haven't thought of.

Thanks in advance.