From: Ross Boylan (ross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-29 12:27:10

I have a test program that looks like this, in stylized form:
--------------------------
#include <boost/test/auto_unit_test.hpp>

using namespace boost::unit_test_framework;
void validate(X args) {
  if (some tests)
        BOOST_ERROR("message");
}
BOOST_AUTO_UNIT_TEST(testfunction) {
        // set up arguments
        validate(args)
}
----------------------------------
When I run this with report-level detailed, it reports that there are 0
assertions in testfunction. Furthermore, the assertions done in
validate are not even added to the overall number of assertions reported
for the run.

I know the checks are being run, because I have seen errors from them.
Also, the error messages include the name "testfunction", so it is
available at run time.

It would be nice if the error reporting and logging functions got their
info at run-time; apparently they are grabbing it from some
pre-processor magic at the moment (I haven't examined the code in
detail; that's just an inference from the behavior).

Since the tests do seem to be run, this is basically a cosmetic problem,
but it would be nice to fix.

If any easy fixes occur to anyone, I'd love to know.

Boost 1.31.0 on Debian.

P.S. The module's author is listed as rogeeff_at_[hidden] in the
documentation, but that address doesn't work.

--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 502-4031
530 Parnassus Avenue (Library) rm 115-4          ross_at_[hidden]