From: Duane Murphy (duanemurphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-17 23:20:11

Howdy fellow boosters,
Several years ago I started using array_traits. I gathered from some
later discussion that this library was never meant to be part of boost.
However, I really like the library and find it more useful than the
array<> implementation. Point in fact, array_traits and array<> overlap
but probably weren't meant to solve the same problems [1].

Is array_traits around any more? I seem to recall something more general
purpose. Maybe container_traits? Is this still being actively worked on?
I am planning on (finally) upgrading our use of boost to a more recent
version. I'm trying to work out what to do about our use of array_traits.
Maybe I'll just keep using it.

 ...Duane

[1] The primary difference between array_traits and array<> is the
"construction" of the array. array_traits in fact has no construction. It
can work with any arbitrary defined C-array of objects. array<> on the
other hand requires construction. For my use,the major advantage that
array_traits has over array<> is that I can refer to any ordinary C-
array; in particular arrays that may not be under my control. Where as
array<> requires that I change the type of the object.