From: Steve Moore (smoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-20 10:37:45

Hello. I'm trying to incorporate Unicode regex searching in a little
app I'm doing. I'm building using XCode 1.2 on MacOSX 10.3.4. The
problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get boost's regex to
incorporate unicode or wide-character support. In
<boost/config/platform/macos.hpp> there is the line #define
BOOST_NO_CWCHAR which seems to disable allowance for unicode by causing
boost::wregex and boost::wcmatch symbols to not be typedef-ed. A test
app. shows that these symbols are defined when I build using
Codewarrior. So I'm wondering how to get unicode support for regex
using XCode (gcc) on a MacOSX machine. Any suggestions?

Thanks 10^6,
   STeve Moore.