From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-24 05:03:34

> So it is built against stlport. About boost not being built against
stlport
> because of a wrong STLPORT_PATH variable, that isn't possible as it is
> checked at build-time by bjam.

But I thought you used the makefile and not bjam? The makefile doesn't
currently validate STLPORT_PATH.

> The only other thing I can mention is that I also applied the
> boost-1.31.0-regex-patch-20040503.zip patch...
>
> Seeing as noone can fix this, can someone tell me of another regex package
> besides microsoft's atl? I'm looking for something more perl-like...

All I can say is "it works for me". Did you try the sample project I sent
you?

BTW I should just add that VC7.1+STLPort is one of my regular regression
tests on my machine here, and of course, you can always just add the source
directly to your project in the IDE and define BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB to
suppress the auto-link code.

John.