From: Istvan Buki (istvan.buki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-26 13:53:52

Hello David,

thanks for your clean and simple answer.
I also thought about something similar to your answer but I was wondering if
there exist some way to calculate that index at compile-time. Looking at the
assembly code generated, it doesn't make a big difference to my version where
the index values are hard-coded but still...
In fact, the question I'm really trying to answer is: what is the price to pay
(in term of performance and space) for using an mpl based solution compared
to have my array elements initialized by a totally hard-coded function? Up to
now what I've found is that my executable is 10% larger and the code is about
4 times slower (again by looking at the assembly code generated).
So, if you can think of a more efficient solution I'm still interested.

Thanks,
Istvan