From: Thomas Costa (oohrah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-07-27 15:50:39

The first one will use an instantiation of std::list as the storage
container for the out edge list of the graph and the second will use
std::vector. Hence the performance characteristics (in time and memory)
of various operations involving edges, like addition of edges, removal
of edges, etc. will vary between the two.

Look at
http://boost.org/libs/graph/doc/using_adjacency_list.html#sec:choosing-
graph-type for more discussion of this.