From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-09 21:12:48

Daniel Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a followup to my previous message. I must be doing something
> wrong, but I am unable to compile boost under gcc 3.2.2 on a Red Hat
> Linux machine (RH9 linux 2.4.24). Note, I also tried gcc 2.95.3 with
> the same results. If anyone has the time or the desire to help me out,
> it would be much appreciated.
>
> Here is what I did to install:
>
> First go to tools/build/jam_src and build jam:
> sh build.sh
>
> Then cd back to the boost root dir, and install:
> tools/build/jam_src/bin.linuxx86/bjam --sTOOLS=gcc
> --prefix=~/local/linux install

Two things:

a) It should be -sTOOLS=gcc but since the default is gcc on Linux anyway
this doesn't really affect the results.

b) "~/local/linux" is a shell construct which will only gets expanded by
the shell if it's by itself as an argument. You heed to use
$HOME/local/linux instead.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything