From: Samuel (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-16 06:52:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Boost-users] RTTI for VC 6

> Samuel wrote:
> >
> > I don't understand this. I did not reply earlier since I assumed it
> > does not matter, and I still assume that whoever might be concerned
> > about this can be the one to decide the relevance. However if you are
> > saying that a warning will result from not using dynamic_cast then
> > you did not read my message. The problem is that the compiled program
> > did not work; it produced unexpected results (I forget the details).
> > The unexpected results could easily cause someone else more work to
> > solve.
>
> We can't address the issue without knowing about the details you've
> forgotten.

I think there is a more productive way to say what you want to say. Instead
of wording it as a criticism, it is just as easy to make it a more direct
request.

I did not bother to remind myself of the details when I wrote the above
comment because it was not sufficiently relevant. I can provide the details
of course. I will do that in a separate message.