From: Duncan Woods (woods_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-18 14:33:10

Hello All,

I'm new to Boost and interested in using it for timezone conversions but
I'm not finding it terribly clear. An example, which works fine, uses
something of the form:

typedef boost::date_time::local_adjustor<ptime, -5, us_dst> us_eastern;

1. My problem is that I wish to use DST settings other than US and found
definitions such as eu_dst_trait in local_timezone_defs.hpp but these
seem unused and unusable. Would it require implementation of
dst_rules.hpp type classes? If so, Boost would not give much advantage.
2. I would also have liked to specify dst & timezone combinations at
run-time which dynamic_local_time_adjustor sounds like it might do - but
it appears to have no members.
3. Will date_time use the 'tz database' in the future?

Thank you in advance,
Duncan