From: Matt S Trentini (matt_trentini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-01 08:40:53

Heya Boosters,

I ran into a problem using boost::bind yesterday and, although I found a
workaround, I've got a few questions. For the record I'm using boost 1.30.

I stumbled onto the issue that boost::bind doesn't define the
argument_type typedef (I was trying to use std::not1). After trawling
the web I found a discussion, and useful workaround, about this here:

   http://tinyurl.com/5bl9m

Questions that arose from this:

   o Why doesn't boost::bind support argument_type?
   o What other standard library function adapters does this affect?
     - Is it all that are derived from unary_function?
   o Has the operator! addition been incorporated into later versions of
boost?
     - If not, why not?

Thanks!
Matt