From: Juergen Hunold (hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-02 12:47:30

Hi !

On Thursday 02 September 2004 17:15, Doug Gregor wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2004, at 4:39 PM, Alain Cormier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just want to know *exactly* how to use boost::signals in a Qt
> > project. I read this : http://www.boost.org/doc/html/ch06s04.html
> > but I don't understand how to do it.

First, you should try the attached patch to libs/signals/build/Jamfile
in order to get the right settings when building the signals library
(and maybe run the tests ;-) )
You can replace boost_signals with signalslib, of course.

> > I try to recompile boost with :
> > "-sBUILD=<define>BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE=signalslib".

which compile / toolset ? even: which bjam ? Please post the complete
commandline next time ;-)

> > After that, I try to directly change BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE in
> > signals_common.hpp but didn't work neither.

> Are you #defining BOOST_SIGNALS_NAMESPACE to signalslib when you're
> building your application? Some indication of how it failed would
> help.

Yes, this is needed, of course.

Some more output would be helpful.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  ! Institut für Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau
* voice: ++49 511 762-2529   ! und -betrieb, Universität Hannover