From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-03 02:57:55

yanyaqin wrote:

> Thank you very much!
>
> But what's the function of ublas::permutation_matrix<size_type>
> pm(A.size1());

You should never, ever try to LU factorize a matrix without using partial
pivotting. The permutation_matrix stores the re-ordering of the rows.

> And I note that there's sparse matrix and symmetric matrix type in ublas,
> but how can I express symmetric sparse matrix conveniently?

Please ask on the UBLAS list. There are many there who will know the answer
to such questions. I don't. It's mirrored on gmane at
gmane.comp.lib.boost.ublas.

> Also I want to know the performance of ublas::lu_* comparing with other
> math library.

Ask on the UBLAS list please.
Angus