From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-03 14:22:44

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:08:41 -0300, Mauricio Gomes wrote

> Sorry I think I am transforming this in a thread more suitable for
> an ACE list but I can't resist this last comment/question. So ...
> does this mean that I canNOT use ACE/TAO to make my PowerPC G4 Mac
> talk to my Intel Pentium PC ? Disappointing.

Actually it sounds like I've confused you. Yes, you absolutely CAN use
ACE/TAO to talk cross-platform/cross-language seemlessly using CDR. What you
CAN'T do is use boost.serialization to create a binary file on one platform
that you can read on the other because it doesn't have a CDR archiver. And
there is obviously no tie between ACE/TAO and boost.serialization. And, yes,
this is getting off-topic.

> Thank you for the information Jeff.

Sure, HTH

Jeff