From: Daniel Schlyder (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-07 08:42:09

Angus Leeming:
[snip]
> Now trying to do something similar using bjam:

> $ cd ~/boostcvs/libs/test/build
> $ bjam '-sTOOLS=mgw'

The correct value is 'mingw'.

[snip]
> For the life of me I can't see why bjam is trying to build the VC++
> target. I can't even run

> $ bjam --help

> because it just does the same thing, trying and failing to build stuff
> with VC++.

Try "bjam -help". :)

> I have also tried running from the top level boost directory and with
> the '-sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=/d/mingw' command line option to bjam, all
> to no avail. (From my understanding of the docs at
> http://www.boost.org/tools/build/v1/mingw-tools.html, that shouldn't be
> necessary.) I have changed the TOOLS name to 'mingw' rather than 'mgw'.
> Again , no dice.

> Finally, in desperation, opening up a DOS prompt and repeating the
> exercise. Nope. Same result.

I've never tried compiling Boost under MSYS, but running

bjam -sMINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY=d:\mingw -sTOOLS=mingw

from the top level Boost directory under Windows CLI should work. Sorry if
you already tried MINGW_ROOT_DIRECTORY and TOOLS in combination; I couldn't
tell from your mail.

--
Daniel Schlyder
http://bitblaze.com/