From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-08 08:04:56

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:37:22 -0700 (PDT), RYAN ROSARIO wrote
> I am still stuck with this issue of a directory_iterator causing a
> hang when it is declared. This is one of the most bizarre things I
> have ever encountered.
>
> Some more clues have arisen since my last post:
>
> - Upon hanging, I now get a message box:
> Unhandled exception at 0x77e73887 in PICtool-w32.exe: Microsoft C++
> exception: boost::filesystem::filesystem_error @ 0x0012f170. I seem
> to be getting *somewhere* although the message seems very vague. -
> Upon executing the app in the explorer (not MSVC), I get a Runtime
> Error: The app has requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
> - I ran Spy++ and see to get quite a few WM_GETDLGCODE messages. I
> have read that this can signify a problem.
>
> Has anybody else had a problem like this with the
> directory_iterator? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated as
> I have been stuck for quite a while. :-(

Given the lack of response it seems like the answer is no. But maybe no one
has tried to do what you are doing. Have you tried tracing the app in the
debugger? Perhaps building and running the filesystem regression tests on
this machine -- just to be sure there isn't odd configuration issue with your
platorm? Just throwing out some ideas...

HTH,

Jeff