From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-08 11:07:56

Simmons, Aaron wrote:
>>In Boost release 1.31, the Boost.Threads library doesn't support
>
> static
>
>>linking. This limitation will be removed in the next release (coming
>>soon) for:
>>
>>a) anyone using the pthreads implementation of Boost.Threads
>>b) anyone using Visual C++ on Win32
>>
>>Hopefully it will be removed for other Win32 compilers in the future.
>

> How was the TSS problem solved for win32-threads?

Sorry for the late reply.

Aaron LaFramboise discovered that the Win32 Portable Executable file
format provides for a tls callback function that works much like DllMain
in dlls. He posted an implementation that uses this feature in a
statically linked library for VC++ 7.1 on the boost.devel list. Roland
helped work through some problems with VC++ 6. Others contributed ideas
and refinements, and I added it all, with some refinements of my own,
into Boost.Threads.

> What's the ETA for the next version?

That I can't tell you. Probably sometime from a couple of weeks to a
couple of months from now. Anyway, it's in the works.

Mike