From: goochrules! (goochrules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-08 11:36:18

> - Upon hanging, I now get a message box:
> Unhandled exception at 0x77e73887 in PICtool-w32.exe: Microsoft C++
> exception: boost::filesystem::filesystem_error @ 0x0012f170.

You can really help your self by using the debugger on this one. In
general, you want to break on when any exceptions of this type are not
handled, and then use the stack trace to see all the various functions
and bits of data that lead up to this problem.

Specifically (for VS.Net 2003) you want to click "Exceptions..." in
the Debug menu. Then for "C++ Exceptions" make sure in the group "If
the exception is not handled:" that "Break into hte debugger" is
selected. You may want to also select this option for "When the
exception is thrown", but be aware that this may give you more hits
than then one you're looking for.

Then it is a matter of starting the debugger (F5 I believe, or
Debug->Start) and using the watch and call stack windows to figure out
what is causing the exception.

Hope this helps.

-- Matthew Peltzer
-- goochrules_at_[hidden]