From: goochrules! (goochrules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-08 14:31:34

> The stack trace indicates that the path object destructor ~path() is calling
> free(void * pBlock blah...) in free.c and that is when the break occurs due to the
> filesystem::error.
>
> What does that mean? It seems like there is nothing I can do if it is being caused
> by the destructor and/or Windows heap functions, but maybe I am not reading the
> output correctly.

It sounds to me like there's some sort of memory corruption, possibly
a block is being twice freed, or a non-block is being freed. Either
way, I can't really tell what's going on w/o more information, such as
a self-contained example demonstrating this problem.

In the mean-time, using the stack trace, figure out which call in your
code leads to the exception and comment it out. Then, see if the
exception shows up elsewhere.

-- Matthew Peltzer
-- goochrules_at_[hidden]