From: RYAN ROSARIO (uclamathguy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-09 13:14:11

I was able to cast to LPCTSTR, but the constructor still crashes with a filesystem_error. However, I can finally AfxMessageBox the string and get the correct directory outputted.

For some reason I cannot get the constructor to take in an arbitrary path. The dialog returns the path in all uppercase. Does that matter for Windows?? What else could I be doing wrong? (Visual Studio 2003)

Ryan

John Wilkinson <jwilkinson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
Is this a Unicode build? I'm assuming not, since you don't cast the result of GetBuffer, but your code will not work properly with Unicode. In any case, you don't need to use GetBuffer to get a pointer (const TCHAR *) to the buffer; just cast to LPCTSTR (which works for either Unicode or multibyte).

It also might help to know what version of Visual Studio you're using.

John