From: Jane Lin (jane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-13 18:26:32

Hello,

I haven't been able to find an answer in the archives. I had no
problems building boost using bjam for the darwin (gcc) toolset, but
have had no luck with CodeWarrior. I posted to the jamboost list, but
received no response, so I'm hoping this is the right list!

I have:
    CW 9.2
    OS X 10.3.5
    boost_1_31_0
    boost-build
    boost-jam-3.1.10-1-macosxppc

When I call bjam from the command line, both cwpro9 and cw toolsets
(cw-tools.jam downloaded from CVS) result in the same errors: all the
codewarrior jam files use -warn when the option should be -warnings,
and there is no keyword "nounusedexpr". I edited one of the jam files
to change -warn to -warnings and commented out nounusedexpr, but then
greg_month.o doesn't get built and subsequently none of the libraries:

                Error : Nothing to do: no source or object files
specified

Then I tried a suggestion I saw in the archives - created an empty
project for a static library in CodeWarrior and added the files in
/boost_1_31_0/libs/regex/src/. This worked fine for the regex library
(had to add the boost_1_31_0 path to the access paths in the project
settings), but I am getting errors when I do the same for the
filesystem library:

Error : undefined identifier 'ETXTBSY'
exception.cpp line 126 { ETXTBSY, fs::busy_error },

Error : undefined identifier 'lstat'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 318 return ::lstat(
ph.native_file_string().c_str(

Error : undefined identifier 'S_ISLNK'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 319 && S_ISLNK( path_stat.st_mode
);

Error : undefined identifier 'ssize_t'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 489 ssize_t sz;

Error : undefined identifier 'sz'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 490 while ( (sz = ::read(
infile, buf.get(), bu

Error : undefined identifier 'sz'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 491 && (sz = ::write(
outfile, buf.get(),

Error : undefined identifier 'sz'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 496 if ( sz != 0 )

Error : undefined identifier 'pathconf'
operations_posix_windows.cpp line 509 long path_max =
::pathconf( ".", _PC_PATH_MAX );

Is there something else I need to include or define?

Thanks a lot!

Jane