From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-15 05:11:00

> On attempting to link against the boost_regex libraries, I'm finding
> that regex methods and template functions that take wchar_t are not
> resolving. Examining the libraries with nm show that these methods are
> not present.
>
> My understanding is that wchar_t support for Solaris was only recently
> introduced in version 3.4.x, so I wondering if the bjam files are taking
> this into account yet. I'm currently specifying the build with the
> following invocation:
>
> # bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc-stlport" "-sBUILD=release debug <cxxflags>-fPIC"
>
> Can I add to this to force the build to use wchar_t?

I guess this is a configuration error: to see what Boost config macros are
getting defined, cd into libs/config/test then:

bjam config_info

you'll then need to dig down into the bin directory until you find
config_info.out which will have the output from the program - it'll tell you
which macros were defined. #

As for why they were defined - well I guess either
boost/config/stdlib/stlport.hpp or boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp must
be setting them depending on whether you're using STLPort or not. My guess
is that STLPort hasn't had wide character support enabled for that platform
yet, and that the Boost config system is picking up on that and disabling it
for boost as well.

Let me know what you find,

John.