From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 20:46:30

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:12:02 -0700 (PDT), Zhoujie Mao wrote
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I actually was trying to
> use the static library. I put both the static and
> dynamic library in a directory, and included the
> directory in my make file.

I'm not sure what this means, but it needs to be in the link parameters of the
command -- see below.

> But obviously, g++ can not
> find it somehow, are you aware of anything else that
> could be the problem? Thanks

Ok, well if you are using gcc I assume you have something like
libboost_date_time-gcc-d-1_31.a as the static lib. You should have a -L
switch which points to the directory that file is in and a
-lboost_date_time-gcc-d-1_31

So you compile command should look something like:

g++ -I${BOOST_ROOT} -L{BOOST_LIB_ROOT} -l boost_date_time-gcc-d-1_31
YOURFILE.cpp -o whatever.exe

Jeff