From: Stephen Jackson (stephen.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-28 09:29:44

> Thanks for your reply. When I try that, I get output looking like below. It
> says that the /Ze and /Za command-line options are incompatible. Do you
> know
> how I can change that?
>

> C:\hack\Cygwin\home\martin\source\libs\boost_1_31_0>bjam
> "-sMSVC_ROOT=c:\program files\hack\microsoft visual studio\vc98"
> --"prefix=c:\program files\hack\" -sTOOLS=msvc
> --builddir=..\boost_msvc_build install

[snip]

> ...found 5266 targets...
> ...updating 693 targets...
> vc-C++
> bin\boost\libs\date_time\build\boost_date_time.dll\vc7.1\debug\greg_month
> .obj
> Command line error D2016 : '/Ze' and '/Za' command-line options are
> incompatible

I have seen reports of the above error arising from confusion between
compiler versions. If I am using MSVC++ 6 and try to build a 7.1 target
with:
        bjam -sTOOLS=vc7.1
then I get exactly the same error.

I cannot see why it would be trying to build a 7.x target from the
information you have supplied. However, I hope this information provides
you with some clue.

Stephen Jackson