From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-01 09:49:49

I have an existing body of code using some parts of Boost 1.30
(Bind, Function, Regex, Thread, and some utilities) and compiled
using VC++ 7.1 on Windows. I now need to build with g++ 3.3 or 3.4
on Linux as well, and for various reasons I would prefer to use 3.4.

Boost 1.30 predates g++ 3.4 by some way and I know that it won't all
work without changes. However, neither will 1.31, and 1.32 has still
not been released. I would rather not upgrade to either of these in
case they break the existing Windows build.

Are there any known bugs or other problems in the above-mentioned
libraries from Boost 1.30 when used with g++ 3.4, and if so, any
known fixes for them? (Assume I'm using Boost 1.30.2 - I might
still have 1.30.0 but upgrading to 1.30.2 should be low-risk.)

Ben.