From: arno.schaefer_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-10-04 09:37:21

Hi all,

I try to compile some older C++ Code with your RegEx class and got in some
source code problems with some ambiguity I believe between the std and the
global namespace. I followed the include hierarchie starting from
"boost/regex.h" down to "boost\config\stdlib\dinkumware.hpp" and here was my
first problem, why this stdlib implementation was selected, I don't think,
that this is the normal implementation for "VC++ 6.0 SP6" what I am using!?

The errors I got are located in some windows system header and look like
this only in one source file:
        :
d:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\objidl.h(9901) : error
C2668: 'memset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
d:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\objbase.h(435) : error
C2668: 'memcmp' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
d:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\objbase.h(459) : error
C2668: 'memcmp' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
Error executing cl.exe.

Any idea what kind of define can cause this problem? I visit every included
headerfile and look also in the expanded preprocessor code (*.i file) and
didn't see exactly what happend, so have somebody an idea?

Thanks for your help

Arno