From: dave_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-10-04 22:58:55

Well, more likely my mistake, ive been up awhile..
I installed the boost libs onto my gentoo machine with emerge.

I then added -lboost_regex to my linker flags..thats it. When I run my
app, it hangs, I think when waiting on pulling data of off a UDP socket.
Though I cant tell, I'm about to crash and its been one of those days.
But I do know everything is back to normal when I take -lboost_regex out
of the flags again.

I know I'm awfully vague due to lazy/tiredness, but does this ring a bell
with anyone? I've installed boost the traditional way (bjam) on other
linux distros before without any issue, but ive never tried emerge before.
 I dont know if this has something to do with it, or i am somehow missing
something really obvious..

Thanks for bearing with me,
Dave