From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-10 21:02:03

"Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>
> > "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> >>Are there any Boost support for manipulating function types? Operations
> >>I have in mind include: setting return type, setting argument type,
> >>changing number of arguments, et cetera.
> >
> > I just wrote a small library which allows you to do this, by translating
between
> > function types and MPL sequences.
>
> Nice.

Thanks.

> What are the plans for getting this integrated into the Boost proper?

None, right now -- I wrote it because last night I suddenly discovered I needed
it. :-)

Tobias Schwinger, whom I mention in the acknowledgments, is working on a version
intended to be integrated into the Type Traits library sometime in the near
future. (I'm not sure if it will require a review or if John Maddock will simply
add it if he finds it satsifactory.). Last night I looked at his version, and it
wasn't what I needed, so I wrote my own.

I'd be happy to work with Tobias on a unified proposal, if he's interested. On
the developers list today I asked him to take a look at it.

Best Regards,
Jonathan