From: David M. Jones (djones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-11 11:19:54

Hello,

I have run into a situation where the following std::list-like container
would be useful.

- The container itself would act more or less identically to std::list;
- The iterators on the container would act like boost::weak_ptr in that they
would know that they are invalid when the list element that they point to is
removed.

Does anyone know of such a container in any of the boost libraries, in
another library or a way to accomplish the task using other means (such as
iterator adaptors)? I looked at the newly proposed "smart containers"
library, but it seems to be solving a different problem despite the
similarity with the name I am using to describe what I want.

Thanks in advance,
David M. Jones