From: Daniel L Elliott (Daniel_L_Elliott_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-28 11:13:11

Hello,

I would like to post this to uBLAS-users, but I am not yet a member. If
anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate your help.

I am working on adding identity matrices (and perhaps some others) to the
gesv method of the LAPACK bindings. I have a couple questions about the
code.

In the template <typename MatrA, typename MatrB, typename IVec> inline int
gesv (MatrA& a, IVec& ipiv, MatrB& b) method the static asserts are
checking for the matrix types allowed within the gesv type? Instead of
using gesv to invert a very large matrix (which would require us to create
a very large identity matrix), would it be advisable to simply
triangularize matrix A (maybe using LU) and use the uBLAS solver and an
identity_matrix?

Also, any overview of how the bindings and traits work would be very
helpful!

Thank you,

Dan Elliott