From: ajb_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-10-28 20:29:30

G'day all.

Looks like the uBLAS questions are going here, since we can't post to
the proper list. So might as well ask here.

I'm on a 32-bit platform, and I can't create a sparse matrix of
dimensions 65536*65536. I get a run-time assertion failure, because
uBLAS requires that for an m by n matrix, m*n fits in a machine word.

For a dense matrix, that's an understandable limitation, but for a
sparse matrix it's impractically small.

I'm trying to use uBLAS to solve finite element Poisson problems with
odd boundary conditions, which involves solving a ver sparse linear
system with the grid points as unknowns. This limitation means I can't
use anything larger than a 40*40*40 voxel grid.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage