From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-11 10:29:44

> bMatch = regex_match(start, end, what, wrePassword);
>
> If all is working corectly the following passwords should pass the RegEx
> expression I have posted above (it works fiune in PERL or C#/VB.NET):
>
> Password
> Password1
> password1
> p_at_ssword
>
> Any of those should work just fine and they dont. Anyone able to hep me
> with this one? Your help is greatly appreciated. I just cant figgure out
> >why a syntax I use in PERL or C#/VB.NET works great but wont work in
> BOOST.

I believe that you are trying to match the expression against not the whole
of the password (which is what regex_match tries to do), but only match a
prefix of the password string? If that is the case, then you need to use
regex_search, with the match_continuous flag set. Here is my test code:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <boost/regex.hpp>

using namespace std;
using namespace boost;

int main(char *argv[], char argc)
{
regex e("(?=\\w*[a-z])(?=\\w*[A-Z])"
"|(?=\\w*\\d)(?=\\w*[a-z])"
"|(?=\\w*[a-z])(?=\\w*\\d)"
"|(?=\\w*[a-z])(?=.*[@#$%^&])"
"|(?=\\w*\\d)(?=\\w*[A-Z])"
"|(?=\\w*[A-Z])(?=.*[@#$%^&])"
"|(?=\\w*\\d)(?=.*[@#$%^&])");

std::string t[] = {
"Password",
"Password1",
"password1",
"p_at_ssword",
};

for(int i = 0; i < 4; ++i)
{
std::cout << regex_search(t[i], e, match_continuous) << std::endl;
}
return(0);
}

John.